Ojai Valley Trail
The Ojai Valley Trail follows the former Ventura and Ojai Valley Railroad and runs along the Ventura River into the valley. This is a gorgeous ride, providing sweeping views of the surrounding mountains. This trail is more rural than the Ventura River Trail to the south, especially where it moves away from State Route 33 The Ojai Valley Trail Riding Company is located within Oso Ranch which is a fully operational horse establishment featuring trail rides along the Ventura River valley through some of the most beautiful horse country in California. Directly adjacent to the Ojai Land Conservancy, Oso Ranch is owned and operated by Susan Gruber, award-winning horse woman and carded horse show judge . The trail from the Ojai starting point is pretty great most of the way. It gets industrial at the end in Ventura, but other than that, you are surrounded by nature most of the time. This is especially true for the first half going through Ojai. There are multiple areas where trees fully shade the trail as you ride along
The Ojai Valley Land Conservancy Phone: (805) 649-6852 / Fax: (805) 804-9624 Email Physical Address: 370 W Baldwin Road (the old Honor Farm) Bldg A4 Mailing Address: PO Box 1092 Ojai, CA 93024 E-News Signu The trail begins along a seasonal creek and quickly climbs about 640 feet in elevation along a well-forested and wild-flowered canyon to a ridgeline knoll with spectacular views of the Ojai Valley. On a clear day you can see both Anacapa and Santa Cruz in the Channel Islands Ojai-Ventura Bike Path is a 14.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Ventura, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, running, road biking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash Show more. Wills-Rice Loop Trail. #3 - Wills-Rice Loop Trail. Ventura River Preserve. moderate (402) Length: 4.6 mi • Est. 1 h 52 m. The Ventura River Preserve is maintained by the Ojai Valley Land Conservancy. It contains a vast network of trails along the Ventura River and into the adjoining foothills From the cool beach of Ventura to the warm Ojai Valley. We were a party of 7 adults on ebikes and we rode into Ojai - had lunch - and then rode back. Fun day! We rented bikes from the Crowne Plaza on the Ventura pier and rode the trail from the Pier into Ojai, about 34 miles round trip. Absolutely stunning!!
Ojai Valley Trail California Trails TrailLin
- Ojai Valley Bike Trail Try cycling the Ojai Valley Bike Trail, a rail-trail that extends 9.5 miles north of Ventura. Starting in Foster Park and ending in Ojai, this trail highlights gorgeous views of the mountains. The scenic route is paved, making it easy for cyclists to utilize. Omer Rains Coastal Bike Trail
- The Ojai Valley Land Conservancy purchased 195 acres near downtown Ojai and the Valley View Preserve was born. This open space is accessible to the public and getting there is easy. Park at the Pratt Trailhead (See Map) and walk up to Shelf Rd., hike up Shelf Road and you'll see a large kiosk where the Fox Canyon Trail begins
- This unpaved trail along the cliffs, offering prime views of the Ojai Valley, is the go-to spot for friends on a walk and talk date, trail runners, and parents who want safe and easy terrain to meander with their kids and dogs. This is the only footpath in Ojai that provides regular glimpses of the totality of the valley, so bring your.
- T4 - The paved bike path ends at Bryant St in Ojai.  Ventura to Ojai Bike Path. Description This is suitable for all riders - beginners who are looking for an easy route to practice, and old hands who just want a relaxing ride where they can enjoy the scenery. The path is built on an old railway line which explains its very gentle slope
- 86 reviews of Ojai Valley Trail Riding Company If you want a place that is open to beginner riders for a trail ride on horseback, this is the place. Great horses and hosts. We went for two hours and had a ball. The horses were sensitive, well-trained, and basic instruction was enough to make it a great morning. Susan gave us a rewarding, personalized experience
- The Ojai Valley Trail is a 9 to 10 mile trail that parallels Highway 33 from Foster Park on the outskirts of west Ventura, to Soule Park in Ojai.One side of the trail is paved for bicyclists, walkers, joggers and people exercising their pets. Post-and-rail wood fence separates the paved path from a dirt bridle path for horseback riders
- Ojai is a small rural town surrounded by rolling hills, citrus and avocado orchards. Mainly known to locals, Ojai is located in a picturesque valley that provides access to some beautiful hiking trails. Being away from the busy cities of a Ventura County, the Ojai hiking trails are quiet and gorgeous especially in the spring
Ojai Valley Trail Riding Compan
- Overview. This 6.9-mile loop hike follows both trail and dirt roads. The 1,420 feet of elevation gain allows for great views of Ojai Valley, giving credence to the Valley View name of the surrounding preserve
- This trail has officially taken the #1 spot on my list of faves - seriously my all time fave trail of all I've ever done so far! Even though it's a very short trail - the scenery is just pure beauty on a whole other level! This trail is in the Los Padres National Forest near Ojai. The trailhead is inside the Rose Valley Campground
- Trail map of the Ojai Valley Trail from Ventura River Trail at Casitas Vista Rd. (Foster Park) to east of Bryant St. (Ojai). find trail maps, reviews, photos & driving directions on traillink.co
- Enjoy a variety of rides through the Ventura River valley. You never ride on a roadway—Oso Ranch has direct access from its corrals to the Ojai Land Conservancy'. Romantic rides onto the preserve. Ride on horseback as you enjoy the sun sets behind the beautiful Santa Ynez Mountains. Dramatic sunsets, colorful skies and the great outdoors
Biking from Ojai to Ventura on the Ojai Valley Trail
- Guided Hiking, Biking, Rock Climbing and Tennis in Ojai, California Hiking in the Ojai Valley. Suited for all levels. Hike for 2 to 3 hours in the most beautiful valley in Southern California. Experience the Los Padres National Forest. Enjoy the nature and history of Ojai led by expert guides. You will learn about flowers and herbs
- The Ojai Valley Trail has proved to be one of Ventura County's most popular facilities. It has been recognized with awards from the National Association of counties, The Ojai Valley Chamber of Commerce, and the Associated General Contractors of california. It also was featured in the November 1988 issue of Sunset Magazine
- Campground address: Rose Valley Lake Road, Los Padres National Forest, Ojai, CA 93023 Campground coordinates: 34.5317, -119.1829 (34° 31′ 54.1″N 119° 10′ 58.4″W) Trail Map View Rose Valley Falls in a larger ma
- The Ojai Valley Trail is a 9 to 10 mile trail that parallels Highway 33 from Foster Park on the outskirts of west Ventura, to Soule Park in Ojai. One side of..
- g. Trails by Potter offers guided hikes and outdoor adventures for an unforgettable.
- Ojai Valley Trail Riding Company, Ojai, CA. 618 likes · 1 talking about this · 1,274 were here. Ojai Valley Trail Riding Company offers horse back riding for the beginner to the advanced on the..
The Ojai Valley Trail Riding Company offers guided horseback rides for beginners, intermediate and advanced riders. Take a ride along the Ventura River and through the forest while enjoying the beautiful Ojai Valley on horseback. Your little ones can enjoy pony rides, and be sure to inquire about kids camps during holidays and the summer months. Starting point: Shoreline Dr Parking Address: Shoreline Dr, Ventura, CA, 93001 Take this beautiful, family-friendly, Class 1 trail starting near V... - 32.2 mi, +1026 ft. Bike ride in Ventura, C Perry Van Houten, Ojai Valley News senior reporter. Hikers, bikers and equestrians have a new trail to explore in the Ventura River Preserve. On Nov. 16, Ojai Valley Land Conservancy opened the Allan Jacobs Trail, a 1.4-mile-long trail that connects the Oso Ridge Trail to the south with the Chaparral Crest Trail to the north. Tweet Ojai's Wills-Rice Canyon trail offers an easy/moderate 2-hour hike through three Ecosystems: Oak Meadow; Riparian Canyon including the Enchanted Forest and Chaparral. An experienced and knowledgeable Trail Guide will lead the group on the 4.6 mile loop with 580 feet of elevation Ojai Valley bike trail. Ojai Valley bike trail. Things to do Ventura County Photograph: Courtesy TrailLink Ojai Valley bike trail. Time Out says. This is one of the best rides we've been on in the.
Home - OVLC : OVL
34580 Lockwood Valley Rd. Frazier Park, CA 93225. Trail, Road, Campground and OHV Information. Ojai Ranger District. Phone: (805) 448-4710. (phones answered Mon-Fri 8-430) 1190 E. Ojai Ave. Ojai, CA 93023. Trail, Roads and Campground Information Trail Profile Back to the Top  Nordhoff Ridge Access Road (5N42) Description This broad and sometimes very steep fireroad starts at the Rose Valley campground south of the east end of Rose Valley Road (aka Sespe River Road; 6N31)) and travels up to Nordhoff Ridge Road. This road is open to 4-wheel drive vehicles in the summer and fall until heavy rain or snow in the winter begins
Horn Canyon Trail This 2.9-mile hike in Ojai goes up a canyon in the frontcountry of the Topatopa Mountains and ventures off trail along the soothing waters of Thacher Creek.: Rose Valley Falls This 1-mile round trip trail leads to the lower tier of this two-tier 300 foot waterfall. From there one can scramble off trail to the much taller upper tier.. A singletrack trail, Sespe River Trail travels through the Los Padres National Forest and hosts two sets of hot springs with year-round water and swimming holes found around the 10-15 mile mark in the Sespe Wilderness along the Johnston River Trail. The water at Sespe Hot Springs is said to be the hottest water in California, and several man. Ojai Valley Inn is a premier Southern California luxury resort. This hotel in Ojai, CA also features an award winning on-site spa and golf course Ojai Olive Oil is an award winning olive oil company known for its Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, and Olive Oil Cosmetics 1980 - Ojai Police Department becomes a unit of the Ventura County Sheriff's Department - the county acquires the upper part of the old railroad grade to construct the Ojai Valley Trail (now a segment of the Ventura River Parkway Trail) - The population in the city tops 7,00
Hike in Ojai Top 10 Ojai Hikes to Experience Before You
- Ojai Valley Trail Riding Company. 1290 Meyers Rd., Ojai, CA 93023 Directions. Today 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM All Hours. +18058909340. View Website. Head on over to Ojai Valley Trail Riding Company, CA today and enjoy a thrill of a lifetime. Spice up your weekend, give this place a call today
- The City of Ojai turns 100 on August 5, 2021, and we're inviting all members of the community to join in the celebration! The City will host a free community event at Sarzotti Park from 4:00- 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 5, 2021
- o Cielo to the descending trail back to the middle fork of Cold Spring canyon
- The Rose Valley Falls Trail is a short, fun hike to take with your youngsters. There are several waterfalls along the moss- and fern-lined trail, making for pretty photo ops and a relaxing afternoon. The trail is 18 miles outside of Ojai, so expect a bit of a drive
- Shirts may be purchased for $12 at the Ojai Valley Bank, 1207 Maricopa Highway, Ojai. UPPER OJAI SEARCH AND RESCUE team members are dropped off at the 5,000 foot elevation level northwest of Bluff Camp near Bear Haven by a sheriff's helicopter
Ojai-Ventura Bike Path - California AllTrail
- Ojai (/ ˈ oʊ h aɪ / OH-hy) is a city in Ventura County, California.Located in the Ojai Valley, it is northwest of Los Angeles and east of Santa Barbara.The valley is part of the east-west trending Western Transverse Ranges and is about 10 miles (16 km) long by 3 miles (5 km) wide and divided into a lower and an upper valley, each of similar size, surrounded by hills and mountains
- The Ventura and Ojai Valley Railroad gave Ojai, California, a connection to the national rail network Pacific Coast Line at Ventura Junction. Ventura Junction was located at Southern Pacific Railroad milepost (MP) 397.3 a short distance west of Ventura station.The railway required grades as steep as three percent following the Ventura River upstream through Chrisman, Wadstrom, Ortonville, and.
- Ojai Retreat & Inn also offers three beautiful outdoor event venues, as well as a nature trail, and two meeting rooms in the Main House which contain books on spirituality and philosophy, and books by local Ojai authors. Ojai Retreat & Inn is ideal for individual and couple getaways, as well as for group retreats, conferences and weddings
- Serving the Ojai Valley Since 1985. A favorite Breakfast and Lunch spot for locals and visitors. Voted Best Bakery, Breakfast and Lunch. Beautiful outdoor dinning as well as indoors. Visit our Bakery located in the front of the building, featuring fresh baked goods and coffee bar
Best trails in Ojai, California AllTrail
- Towering emerald peaks guard the lush valley floor of Iao Valley State Park. Located in Central Maui just west of Wailuku, this peaceful 4,000-acre, 10-mile long park is home to one of Maui's most recognizable landmarks, the 1,200-foot Iao Needle. This iconic green-mantled rock outcropping overlooks Iao stream and is an ideal attraction for.
- Ojai Valley Inn. 5-star family-friendly resort near Los Padres National Forest. 4 restaurants, 4 outdoor pools, and a full-service spa are available at this smoke-free resort. Free WiFi in public areas and a free manager's reception are also provided. Additionally, a golf course, 2 bars/lounges, and a fitness center are onsite
- Topa Mountain Winery 821 W. Ojai Ave Ojai CA 93023 (805)-640-1190 email@example.com By Reservation Wednesday-Monday (Closed Tuesday). First Reservation at 12noon, last at 5:45pm
- Ventura to Ojai Paved Bike Path - 2021 All You Need to
- 3 Scenic Places to Bike in Ventura County - Ventura County